Searching...

Stopping in from San Diego!

Hi~ My name is Kristin and my dear friend asked me to do a guest post here on her lovely blog while she gets through some hard times. Thank you so much Zaira for having me! I feel so honored and only wish we lived closer so I could help her more then with just a post!





I live in California, San Diego to be exact! I was born and raised right here in San Diego and love it! My mind sometimes wanders off and I dream of living in a old farmhouse with my three boys, two dogs and husband but for now we will stay put! We moved into our home about 8 years ago and have been working on it since the day we moved in. My husband and I love working on projects together and make a pretty good team. Some may look at it as work, we look at it as a hobby and love every bit of it.



I thought I would share with you our biggest project yet, the end result was so worth it! What started as a builder grade kitchen was transformed into our own custom design over a span of about 5 years! Here is our end result:






Posted by Picasa















Here is the before



We wanted the look of custom staggered cabinets so we built all of the cabinets up. You can read about the process here















We also wanted our Island to look more like a piece of furniture so we re-wrapped all the existing wood with wainscoting, baseboards and shadow boxes. We also tore out the shelves and added legs, you can read all about the island transformation here.
















We are thrilled with the end result and I love cooking fabulous meals for my family and friends!






Posted by Picasa










Posted by Picasa





I can't thank Zaira enough for having me as her guest today! It has been so fun getting to know her and so many wonderful bloggers. I hope you will stop by and say hi so I can get to know you a little better. Enjoy your weekend!



XOXO



Kristin





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!