Searching...

First official dinner in my house




Saturday
I will have the official
first guests
in my "maison"
Sabato avrò a cena
i miei primi ospiti ufficiali






I've been spending hours
imagining
the table setting
the menu
The styling
Ho trascorso ore a immaginare
il set della tavola
il menù
lo styling







I could see myself
all smiling and beautiful aprons
as a new Nigella Lawson
with wonderful food in my new pans
and the notes of some jazz in the background
Già mi vedevo
tutta sorrisi e meravigliosi grembiuli
come una novella Nigella Lawson
con del cibo strepitoso nelle mie nuove padelle
e delle note jazz di sottofondo






Instead
last week happened some things
and I've found myself
in the worst mood ever
No Nigella
I feel
More like Bridget Jones
Invece
la settimana scorsa sono successe
alcune cose
e mi sono ritrovata
nel peggior stato emotivo possibile
Niente Nigella
Mi sento più come
Bridget Jones


















So no time
for preparing
for styling the table
for searching new recipes
No time
and
no will
Quindi niente tempo
per preparare
per lo styling del tavolo
per cercare nuove ricette
Nè tempo
Nè voglia







At last
I called my first dinner off
Alla fine
ho disdetto la cena

The fact is
that my friends are awesome
And really did not want to
call anything off
So
They take
the food
the drinking
And their love
Il fatto è
che i miei amici sono meravigliosi
E non hanno voluto disdire un bel niente
Quindi
Loro portano
il cibo
le bevande
E il loro affetto







I offered to prepare the cake
So I was looking for some inspiration
This blog is one of my favourite
I'm always astonished
not only by the fab recipes presented
but on how food looks more like
a work of art
Io mi sono offerta di preparare almeno il dolce
Così stavo cercando un po' di ispirazione
In questo blog che è uno dei miei preferiti
Resto sempre a bocca aperta
non solo per le ricette favolose
ma perchè il cibo sembra più
un'opera d'arte






I've already prepared my french-style tablecloth
The red plates
A bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape
The bistrot cutlery
Ho già preparato la mia tovaglia in stile francese
I piatti rossi
Una bottiglia di Chateauneuf du pape
Le posate bistrot

Nothing is like I've imagined
Maybe it will turn out
ever better....
Niente è come l'avevo immaginato
Ma forse sarà
anche meglio....











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!