Searching...

We never know how high we are





I've been absent lately
I know
I've isolated myself to think
And I need to think a lot
Sono stata assente ultimamente
lo so
Mi sono isolata per il bisogno di pensare
E ho bisogno di pensare molto





I feel that somehow I'm walking around
I'm trying to find the way to my destination
I'm not lost, I'm just studying the shortest journey
Sento che sto girando intorno
Cercando di trovare la strada per la mia destinazione
Non sono persa, sto solo studiando il viaggio più breve











I'm talking to many people who I discover have much confidence in me
more than I have myself
Yesterday a friend told me that I'm sitting in a corner
instead of shining like a star
He said that I shall point high
because I'm already a star and refuse to know
Mi ritrovo a parlare con tante persone che scopro avere molta fiducia in me
Più di quanta ne abbia io stessa
Ieri un amico mi ha detto che me ne sto seduta in un angolino
invece di brillare come una stella
Dice che devo puntare in alto perchè
sono già una stella anche se rifiuto di ammetterlo






I'm sorry
I repeat myself
I'm in a turning point of my life
I feel that something shall happen
This is the moment
Something has started inside me
It could take months or years
Disappointing and new hopes
but at least it will
Mi spiace
sono ripetitiva
Mi sento a una svolta decisiva della mia vita
Sento che qualcosa sta per succedere
Questo è il momento
Qualcosa è scattato dentro di me
Possono volerci mesi o anni
Delusioni e nuove speranze
Ma alla fine accadrà







{images from the web}






We never know how high we are
Till we are asked to rise
And then if we are true to plan
Our statures touch the skies—

The Heroism we recite
Would be a normal thing
Did not ourselves the Cubits warp
For fear to be a King—
Non conosciamo mai la nostra altezza
 finché non ci chiamano ad alzarci.
E se siamo fedeli alla missione
tocca il cielo la nostra statura.

L'eroismo che allora recitiamo
sarebbe di ogni giorno,
 se noi stessi la schiena non curvassimo,
per la paura di essere dei re
-Emily Dickinson-








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!